1. The Improve Recruiting Code of Conduct
The Improve Recruiting is dedicated to providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all people, regardless of background or identity. As such, we do not tolerate behaviour that is disrespectful to our members or that excludes, intimidates, or causes discomfort to others.
We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on characteristics that include, but are not limited to, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, citizenship, nationality, ethnic or social origin, pregnancy, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, religion or belief (or lack thereof), membership of a national minority, property, age, education, socio-economic status, technical choices, and experience level.
Everyone who participates in Improve Recruiting activities is required to conform to this Code of Conduct. It applies to all spaces managed by The Improve Recruiting including, but not limited to, workshops, email lists, and online forums such as GitHub, Slack and Twitter.
Workshop hosts are expected to assist with the enforcement of the Code of Conduct. By participating, participants indicate their acceptance of the procedures by which the Improve Recruiting resolves any Code of Conduct incidents, which may include storage and processing of their personal information.
2.1 Expected Behavior
All participants in our events and communications are expected to show respect and courtesy to others. All interactions should be professional regardless of platform: either online or in-person.
Our community is NOT a marketing community of your services, rather it is a community where members share and gain knowledge, informations, methodology etc. towards topics related to recruitment and personal as well corporate development. That being said; any member who wants to connect individually to other members its completely fine, but we would not want to end up in a marketing place for all kinds of providers. An exception is for those members who wants to provide our plattform with Job Offerings, high quality Seminars, Webinars, Training Management Software, Courses and Trainings with a paid membership may offer such services. Members may sign up towards these services individually.
In order to foster a positive and professional learning environment we encourage the following kinds of behaviours in all Improve Recruiting events and platforms:
• Use welcoming and inclusive language
• Be respectful of different viewpoints and experiences
• Gracefully accept constructive criticism
• Focus on what is best for the community
• Show courtesy and respect towards other community members
2.2 Unacceptable Behavior
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants at any Improve Recruiting event/platform include:
• written or verbal comments which have the effect of excluding people on the basis of membership of any specific group
• causing someone to fear for their safety, such as through stalking, following, or intimidation
• violent threats or language directed against another person
• the display of sexual or violent images • unwelcome sexual attention
• nonconsensual or unwelcome physical contact
• sustained disruption of talks, events or communications
• insults or put downs
• sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or exclusionary jokes
• excessive swearing
• incitement to violence, suicide, or self-harm
• continuing to initiate interaction (including photography or recording) with someone after being asked to stop
• publication of private communication without consent
2.3 Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Participants who are asked to stop any inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately. This applies to any Improve Recruiting events and platforms, either online or in-person. If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, the organizers may warn the offender, ask them to leave the event or platform (without refund), or engage the Improve Recruiting Code of Conduct Committee to investigate the Code of Conduct violation and impose appropriate sanctions.